Episode 12: The secrets of aging well, with Dr. Frank Lipman
When it comes to aging well, Dr. Frank Lipman is one of the world’s leading authorities. For more than thirty years he’s been practicing what he likes to call ‘good medicine’, focusing on increasing health rather than waiting to treat disease. Widely recognised as a leader and trailblazer in functional and integrative medicine, Dr. Lipman believes good health is about so much more than simply the absence of disease – it’s a holistic state of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and social wellbeing.
Author of several best-selling novels, including ‘The New Rules to Aging Well’, he’s also the founder of New York’s Eleven Eleven Wellness centre, and the Chief Medical Officer at The Well, also in New York.
Join Shelley for episode 12 of The Aging Project Podcast, as she chats to Dr. Lipman about:
- How it’s not too late to get our health back on track
- How our dietary needs change as we get older, and how some simple changes can make huge improvements to our overall health and wellbeing.
- How fasting works and its benefits for healthy aging
- How to exercise for maximum benefit and mobility as you move through your forties and beyond
- What the fascia is and why it’s so important to look after it as we get older
- The role of sleep in how healthily we age
- Why using alcohol to help you get to sleep is counter productive
- Gut health and the microbiome, and how they impact your overall wellbeing
- How a positive outlook can help you age well
- How your lifestyle choices determine how your genetics are expressed
- His thoughts on collagen supplements
- Why strategic supplementation can be beneficial for some people
- The importance of being kind to yourself as you age
The Aging Project is on a mission to discover and share the secrets to aging well, and to empower you to make great choices for your health and wellbeing in your forties and beyond. Hosted by Shelley Craft, The Aging Project Podcast will introduce you to the leading minds in the field of aging fabulously. Her insightful interviews will inspire you to take middle-age by the horns and make it the best time of your life!
A BIT EXTRA!
Thank you to Dr. Frank Lipman for taking the time to chat with us. If you’d like more information about Dr. Lipman and his work, you can find it here:
Want to know more about The Aging Project? Come and visit us here: https://www.theagingproject.com.au/
DID YOU LOVE THIS INTERVIEW?
If you found this interview interesting, helpful, entertaining or inspiring, we need your reviews! Great reviews will enable us to keep creating amazing content to help us all age well – so, if you liked what you heard, we would be so grateful if you took a few seconds to submit a review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. We will read every review, and will feature the best one each week on our socials!
READY TO AGE WELL WITH US?
If you’re ready to get started on making the rest of your life the best of your life, please join us on our socials! We’ll share challenges and tips so we can all age well together - one small shift at a time.
We have a newsletter too – you can subscribe at www.theagingproject.com.au
GOT FEEDBACK? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
If you’ve got feedback or a burning question, please send it to us at [email protected]
CREDITS: Host: Shelley Craft
Producer: Amanda Attwood, founder of The Aging Project
Podcast Studio Team: Poly Studios https://polystudios.com.au